Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1, 2014


This is the start of my 365 day album.  A great evening picture of my Grand furbaby laying in the snow.  One of the last days she will be with us.  My kids have all moved out and when they get settled they are going to take the furbabies with them.  I will only have Willow my sugar glider left.  I want to get a dog that is mine and not the kids so that I have someone to keep me company when my husband is working. I also want a dog for protection.  But most of all I would just enjoy having a pet to snuggle with. Taschea misses having her daddy at our house though and even though I would love to keep her, she would not enjoy being without her daddy.  On the upside I get to learn how to live with just my husband again.  I guess it is a good thing I still like him, he is a great man and I enjoy his company and we get to see what life is like without the responsibility of taking care of our kids not saying I don't enjoy my kids, because I do.

2 comments:

April in SC said...

This is a great picture! I am looking forward to following your blog to. Do you know what kind of dog you are looking at? Kodiak of course was my beloved for 15 1/2 yrs. But now I have Pilot (Australian shepherd) who follows me everywhere, he even checks on me in the shower! I could talk about him all day! LOL Then we have Cooper, the boxer mix, he is to Jack what Kodiak was to me. He lives and breaths for Jack and is just the best dog ever! I trained him in all silent sign language commands thinking about when we would get a deaf dog -- Intro Lola, our small deaf pitt, who was trained in classic dog signals! LOL I personally think I will always own a deaf dog now, she may not be the best protection (that is what my other dogs are for) unless she could see something bad happening but she is the biggest snuggle bug ever! And I mean ever! My next deaf dog will for sure be an Aussie, but I want a puppy next, and that's hard becuase honestly there are so many pitt/boxer/aussie/great dane deaf dogs that need homes it just so sad!

April

tloree said...

April,
I wish I could get a deaf dog but they don't seem to be anywhere near here they are always Ohio down or over in Texas. I don't know what kind on dog I want, I will know it when I see it. I thought I would get a female again but this little dog of Jessica's is a boy and he is a love bug so I think it is just going to depend on personality. I also have thought about getting a helper dog to pick things up for me and get stuff for me since I have such a problem moving it would help me a ton. My back surgery didn't seem to solve my problem it seems to have made it worse, but I am doing physical therapy so we will see if I can get some muscle back.
Tam